Home Buyers Guide
Whether you are buying your first home, relocating, refinancing, or building your dream home, we are here to guide you — every step of the way!
Our Mortgage Options
- Conventional (FL, MD*, NC, NY, PA)
- Condo/Townhouse (FL, MD*, NC, NY, PA)
- Construction (MD*, NC, NY, PA)
- Lot Loans (NC)
- Low Down Payment Option - Starting at just 3%* of the purchase price for qualified buyers. If you are interested in learning more about our low down payment option,
email us today.
- Renovation (MD*, NC, NY, PA)
- VA (NC, NY, PA - eligible active-duty service members and veterans) If you are interested in learning more,
email us today.
We can get your mortgage approved in minutes rather than days or weeks! We also offer free pre-approvals, so you can shop for your home knowing that you can afford the mortgage.
Get a Rate that Fits Your Budget
Today's Featured Rates
Determine What You Can Afford - Use our easy rate quote tool to get a quick, accurate, and personalized rate quote.
Rate Watch - Let us track interest rates so that you don't have to!
Before You Buy, Do Your Homework
Home Buying Resources - Our StraightTalk® Home Buying Resources explains how to find and buy the best house for your needs and budget.
- Worksheet - What are your wants vs. needs in a house? Be sure to compare these lists to each home you visit!
Worksheet - Rate the houses that you have visited. Track and compare the features/issues of each house you visit.
- Attorneys: Gabe and Steve Rossettie tell us why is it important to have attorney representation when buying a home and at what stage a person should get an attorney involved in the home buying process.
- Home Inspector: Rick Bates tells us the one thing people are often surprised by during the home inspection process and how someone should look for and choose a home inspector.
- Realtor: Michelle Costanza explains the role of a realtor throughout the home buying process and why is it important to have a good relationship with your realtor.
* Maryland residents, please give us a call or email to schedule an appointment by phone to apply.
Membership eligibility required. Corning Credit Union is an Equal Housing Lender. *Approval for financing is subject to lending guidelines and credit qualifications. You should consult a tax advisor for information regarding the deductibility of interest and charges. Property insurance is required. An example of a monthly principal, interest, and private mortgage insurance payment for a 3% low down payment fixed-rate mortgage on $97,000.00 at 5.588% annual percentage rate for 360 months would be approximately $585.39. This payment does not include property taxes and homeowner/flood insurance. The interest rate for the 3% low down payment mortgage product is .5% higher than a conventional 5% down payment mortgage. Private mortgage insurance and escrow for taxes and insurance are required with a down payment of less than 20%. Some restrictions apply based on the product you choose.