Fraud Prevention Services
As credit and debit card fraud continues to rise nationwide, the need for Fraud Prevention Services becomes increasingly necessary.
Take the Worry out of Plastic Card Fraud
At Corning Credit Union, we are taking steps to combat fraud by utilizing a fraud prevention service. This service enables us to detect any unusual activity on your Visa® credit or debit (CU-Extra®, X-treme or ATM) card. If it detects suspicious transactions on your account, a fraud specialist from Fraud Prevention Services will contact you.
Please be aware, in the event a fraud specialist is unable to reach you, there is the potential that a block may be placed on your card. This block is a proactive effort to prevent unauthorized card use. If you experience a block or a decline, call Corning Credit Union for assistance.
If you suspect fraud, if your card has been lost or stolen, or if you are experiencing difficulty using your card, call CCU’s Fraud Prevention Services at 607-962-3144 or 800-677-8506.
If a fraud specialist calls you...
If you receive a call from a fraud specialist, they will state their name and that they are calling on behalf of Corning Credit Union to verify some recent activity on your Visa credit or debit card.
If there is activity on your account that you have not authorized, the fraud specialist will block your card to prevent any further unauthorized use and then assist you with the steps needed to correct your account. Remember, Visa's Zero Liability Policy* protects you from unauthorized use of your Visa credit or debit card.
If a fraud specialist leaves a message...
If a fraud specialist is unable to reach you, they may leave a message on your voicemail or answering machine. The fraud specialist will state they are calling to do a routine security check on behalf of Corning Credit Union regarding your Visa credit or debit (CU-Extra, X-treme or ATM) card. They will provide you with a case number and ask you to call 888-918-7313.
What can you do to help?
- Always keep your contact information current by notifying us of any changes.
- If you will be traveling, call us before leaving to alert us and update your contact information, if necessary.
- Contact us immediately if you believe your Visa credit or debit (CU-Extra, X-treme or ATM) card or PIN has been lost or stolen.
- Always sign the back of your cards upon receiving them.
- Regularly review your statement(s) for unauthorized transactions and contact CCU immediately if you discover fraudulent activity.
- Sign up for personalized eBranch eAlerts to alert you when purchases are made using your Visa credit or debit (CU-Extra, X-treme or ATM) card.
- Log in to eBranch
- Click eAlerts in the side navigation
- Click Add eAlerts
- Select Debit / Check Card Purchase
- Select Visa Purchase
*Visit our online security center for more information about fraud prevention.